Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Garden Fairy Came to Custer

I'm doing well but I'm over-doing it, too. Gotta slow down. Still have a lot of pain unless I'm just reclining on the couch but I've cut way down on the pain meds. It's hard just sitting there. But, when the weather is nice I sit under my flowering crab-apple tree which has more blooms than any other year since we've lived here and I look at my garden and it's I have to sit on my hands or else I will find myself in a weeding frenzy. Oh! How I would love to weed - it's my favorite garden chore and not being to is driving me CRAZY!!!

Cindy just left today. She's been here since Sunday, drove all the way in her Passat (20 mpg) at $3.93 a gallon. She came to give Gus a break and plant my tomatoes and squash which she started from seed for me. She also put them all in Walls 'o' Water since we're still getting frost....IN JUNE! Rapid City broke the all-time record for wettest month EVER in May. Anyway, I am so blessed to have a friend like her. This fall is our 20th anniversary. We met the first day of art school and found that we had ALL of our classes together, not to mention that 20 years ago, we looked like identical twins! We became fast friends... and happily ever after :-) Cindy is the BEST the best domestic goddess, chef, nurse and gardener a friend could have. She cooked wonderful meals for Gus and kept me company. Thank you Cin!

I see my surgeon on the 24th then I'll be going to Utah for PT. How long we're not sure - probably 5 weeks, culminating in my 20th HS reunion on August 1st.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.