Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Natural Bridges and Walking!!!

We camped in Natural Bridges National Monument for 3 days and we had a great time with Craig. However, it seems that we are the ones who bring the bad weather. This time it hailed quite hard which scared Dundee pretty bad as he was out in the open when it hit.

After N.B.N.M. we headed south again to Monument Valley then Navajo Nation to Betakin Ruins then back to Cortez.

Now for some BIG NEWS. At least it's big for me. It started when we got a treadmill at the beginning of the year. I've been walking on it regularly (when I'm actually at home) and as some of you may know I've been working with a personal trainer named Holly who has me on simple yet effective exercise routine. Anyway, about ten days ago I started walking normally. I mean NORMALLY as in no cane and no limp and at a fairly fast pace. My right knee doesn't lock and my right hip doesn't drop but one of the best things is that I can walk Dundee on a leash at a good pace and the leash doesn't get tangled with my cane. I can't wait to get out and walk every day - it's seriously like walking in someone else's body. It's such a rush, like an amusement park ride. Unfortunately some days, like today, I wake up and my leg doesn't work. It's very frustrating but Gus reminds me that it took 12 years to get to this point I can deal with another day or two. Gus bought me a new camera that also takes video but every time he tries to record me walking I get stage-fright and the limp comes back! We'll try again tomorrow and if we get a good video I'll post it here.

No comments: